Who Will Be The Next Famous British Entrepreneur?
Who Made it to the Shortlist of the Great British Entrepreneur Awards?
In the past years, the popularity of small businesses that achieved immense success has risen abruptly. Some years ago, people mostly talked about big, long-established brands, which had their million admirers and loyal customers. Classic example, Coca-Cola. However, the trend has changed, giving space to start-ups and young entrepreneurs that are rocking it out there. Probably the first thing that comes in mind are tech-related businesses and all of the social medias, apps and so on.
There are, however, many entrepreneurs, not as known but not less worth the mention, that are also helping to boost different industries at a global level. In the case of the UK, there is a lot of importance and incentives for entrepreneurs and consequently many successful projects have been developed and are still under construction in Great Britain.
The 2015 version of the Great British Entrepreneur Awards, which will take place the 25th of November, has recently revealed the shortlist of entrepreneurs. This will be the third annual version of the awards, and you should keep an eye on these hard-worker entrepreneurs who will most probably show great success in the near future. The aim of these awards is to boost entrepreneurship spirit and to recognize the hard work of current British entrepreneurs.
The list of 150 shortlisted candidates is varied and comprises different types of enterprises. There are no doubts that all of them contribute in great extent to driving the British economy forward and bring fresh energy and positivism to the business environment. The categories are the following:
- E2E SCALE-UP AWARD
- MANUFACTURING ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- EXPORT/ INTERNATIONAL TRADE ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- RETAIL ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- DIGITAL ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- ECO ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- CREATIVE INDUSTRIES ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- FASHION ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- SOCIAL ENTERPRISE (UK) ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- SOCIAL ENTERPRISE (INTERNATIONAL) ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- SMALL BUSINESS ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- MICRO BUSINESS ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- START-UP ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- SERVICE INDUSTRIES ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- FOOD AND DRINK ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- ENTREPRENEURS’ CHAMPION OF THE YEAR
Who will choose the winners? Winners will be announced the 25th of November and will be elected by an expert judging panel. The event is backed by well known sponsors, like MINI, FedEx and NatWest, among others. You should definitely follow these awards to get inspired by successful entrepreneurs and to get the latest happenings in different industries. Attending the ceremony is also a good idea if you are interested in networking and meeting creative and hard working people.